Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

I love numbers

I love numbers. Numbers can help quantify quality.

In football the use of stats seems next to non-existent; I hope to change that. Stats are used in the Premier League, to create the Actim Index. I hope to have a post explaining some of this or at the ver least the usefulness of it.
West Ham currently has 3 players in the top 16 of the Actim Index. Before the season started if you told me that we would have one in the top 20, I would have laughed at you. Of all the players on the least I am personally very glad that Marlon is in the top 6. He is so good, and the number of comments about him being "lazy" before the season started bordered on racism. I think with him and Ashton up front West Ham is set for years to come.

My plan is to put up the stats for the season so far and occasionally update them. The best source I have found so far is Yahoo's fantasysports. Soccerbase is good for career stats and Football 365's stat page is good for team stats. If you have any better sites feel free to add them in the comments.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home